Reveal Skin Complexion Analysis
With special imaging technology, our Reveal Imager will digitally capture various properties of your skin using standard white light and cross-polarized flash photography to analyze:
- Skin irregularities, which appear on the surface of the skin. Most are red or brown lesions like age spots, scars, freckles or blemishes. These irregularities can be improved with exfoliation to encourage skin cell turnover.
- Brown spots, which indicate melanin concentrations on or below the skin. These brown spots are hyperpigmentation due to sun damage or melasma.
- Wrinkles, which are creases, folds or furrows of the skin that increase over time and result from sun exposure, smoking or natural aging. Fine lines show as light green and deep wrinkles show as dark green lines.
- UV spots, which are the result of overexposure to sunlight.
- Skin texture, which measures the smoothness of your skin by identifying valleys and hills. Raised areas — including blackheads, dead skin and pimples — show in yellow while indentions like fine lines, pores and open follicles show in blue.
- Pores are the surface openings of sweat and oil gland ducts. Reveal distinguishes pores from spots based on their size. Clusters of pores may indicate that you have oily or acne-prone skin.
- Red areas/Vascular, which are broken or weak capillaries. The Reveal skin profile shows sub-surface vascular conditions like acne, rosacea or spider veins.
- Porphyrins, or a build-up of natural oil and bacteria, can lead to acne.
These categories will then be analyzed as a percentile score by comparing your complexion against other people of the same gender, age and skin type. The higher your percentage, the better your skin in these common problem areas. Our team will review and discuss these images with you to recommend a personalized skin care regime to further improve your skin health, complexion and texture.