If you want to improve the signs of aging on your face, Dysport® is a neuromodulator that is especially effective for addressing crow’s feet and forehead lines. This cosmetic injectable is much like Botox®, with some slight differences that may work better for your needs.
Key benefits of Dysport
- Quick treatment time
- Zero downtime
- Long-lasting results
- FDA-approved and
- Low risk of side effects
What Dysport can accomplish
Dysport is very much like the incredibly popular Botox, but differs in its concentration, molecular weight, spreadability, onset, and longevity. Dysport consists of a thinner gel that spreads more easily and delivers results more quickly than Botox.
However, because of how thin the gel is, more Dysport may be required than Botox to get the same result. Dysport is particularly effective for the:
- Forehead lines
- 11’s between the eyebrows
- Crow’s feet
Comparing Botox and Dysport
- Benefits: Effective for treating all areas
- Visibility: 10 to 14 days
- Results: 3 to 6 months
- Possible side effects: Bruising; swelling or pain at the injection site; flu-like symptoms; headache; nausea; redness; temporary facial drooping
- Cons: Results take longer to appear
- Benefits: Effective for “last-minute” treatments because results appear quickly; ideal for treating crow’s feet and forehead lines
- Visibility: 24 hours to 3 days
- Results: 4 to 6 months
- Possible side effects: Bruising; swelling or pain at the injection site; flu-like symptoms; muscle weakness; headache; nausea; redness; temporary facial drooping; muscle pain or stiffness; neck or back pain
- Cons: More product may be needed due to gel thinness
How does Dysport work?
FDA approved since 2009 for cosmetic use, Dysport is a very safe treatment backed by 25 years of clinical use. It is a neuromodulator made from a botulinum toxin that works by causing your facial muscles to relax.
It does this by blocking the nerve signals to the muscles that cause wrinkles. If the muscle cannot contract, the wrinkles cannot be as visible. However, you will still be able to make your familiar facial expressions — as long as you choose a skilled, experienced provider who understands correct dosage.
Recovery and Results
Dysport requires very little downtime. Some patients may experience mild swelling, redness, or bruising at the injection site, but these conditions quickly resolve. For a couple of days following treatment, do not rub your face too much, and be gentle when applying cosmetics and topical products.
Avoid hot baths, showers, and saunas after your Dysport injections in Tampa. This will help the Dysport to stay where it’s supposed to. Results will become visible anywhere from one day to three, and these results typically last 4 to 6 months. Once you begin noticing your lines and wrinkles again, you can return for a touch-up treatment.
If you’re interested in Dysport in Tampa , Sarasota, and surrounding areas and you’re interested in Dysport, it may be the perfect treatment for you. Dysport works best for those who:
- Want to improve their moderate to severe lines and wrinkles
- Want to prevent future wrinkles
- Want faster results than what Botox can provide
- Are healthy and not pregnant
- Are between the ages of 18 and 65
Dysport treatments in Sarasota and Tampa from HKPS
With nearly 40 years of combined experience, Dr. Holcomb and Dr. Kreithen have established an advanced cosmetic center that is a one-stop-shop for all your aesthetic needs. We are an extremely sophisticated, comprehensive practice with very competent and compassionate team. Our in-depth medical spa offers the most advanced non-invasive procedures, with cosmetic injectables being one of our main services. We provide excellent customer support, white-glove service, and accessibly to many different technologies and therapies. If you’re interested in Dysport treatments in the Sarasota and Tampa area, please contact us today.