Dr. Joshua Kreithen
Joshua Kreithen, M.D. is an Aesthetic Breast & Body Specialist board-certified by the American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery who practices in Sarasota, Florida at Holcomb – Kreithen Plastic Surgery & Med Spa.
Known for his use of advanced surgical techniques as well as laser and light technology to help male and female patients transform their appearance at any age, Dr. Kreithen has more than nineteen years of experience as a surgeon and has hospital affiliations with Lakewood Ranch Medical Center and Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Kreithen completed his plastic surgery fellowship at the University of Florida in Gainesville after finishing a five year categorical general surgery residency at East Tennessee State University. Dr. Kreithen attended Temple University Medical School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Kreithen performs cosmetic breast and body contouring procedures including breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), mommy makeovers, lower body lifts, arm & thigh lifts, SmartLipo liposuction, Cellulaze anti-cellulite treatment, ThermiTight skin tightening as well as non-invasive procedures such as Botox and Juvederm.
Dr. Kreithen is currently a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
In 2013, Dr. Kreithen was the Chairman of the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event held annually at the Sarasota Polo Club where over 10,000 people walked to support breast cancer survivors and helped fundraise to end breast cancer.
As a result of Dr. Kreithen’s extensive experience in advanced plastic surgery techniques, he was was chosen to be a consultant to surgical innovations giant Ethicon, a Johnson & Johnson company. The press release announcing it can be read here.
Dr. Kreithen’s credentials include:
Click here for Dr. Kreithen’s Curriculum Vitae
Joshua Kreithen, MD Aesthetic Breast & Body Specialist
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
Awards / Accolades
Dr. Kreithen is passionate about empowering individuals to reach their full potential by improving or restoring physical features that hinder them physically or emotionally.
In 2003 and 2004 Dr. Kreithen participated in a cleft lip and palate mission with Interplast in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. During these volunteer trips which included Dr. Leonard Furlow, the team performed hundreds of reconstructive and corrective procedures.
Dr. Kreithen has won the award Best Medical Specialist multiple years as awarded by the Living Out East/Living on the Suncoast Magazine.
Technical Skill, Artistry and Compassionate Care
Meet Joshua Kreithen, MD
In addition to being a recognized Sarasota plastic surgeon, Dr. Kreithen is also an experienced artist. He combines his artistic sense of balance and aesthetic judgment with his surgical skills to create superior results.
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Medical Staff Affiliations
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Sarasota, FL
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 3-year Fellowship
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Shands Hospital
- Alachua General Hospital
- Malcom Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- General Surgery 5-year Residency
- East Tennessee State University, Tri-Cities, Tennessee
- Johnson City Medical Center
- Bristol Regional Medical Center
- Holston Valley Medical Center
- Indian Path Medical Center
- Mountain Home Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- M.D. – Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- B.S. with honors, Microbiology– University of Pittsburgh
Publications & Presentations
- 2006 Lower Extemity Trauma, Soft Tissue Repair for Proximal and Middle Third Problems
- 2005 The Total Lower Body Lift, Obesity Help Regional Conference, Orlando, FL
- 2004 A Comparison of the Lejour and Wise Pattern Methods of Breast Reduction, Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Hot Springs, VA honored with the “Outstanding Resident Award”, published in Annals of Plastic Surgery
- 2003 Comparison of Nipple-Areola Reconstructive Techniques Southeastern Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, Palm Beach, FL
- 2001 Analysis of Free Tissue Flow Waveforms, American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery, San Diego, CA
- 1996 Venous Outflow of the Leg, Journal of Vascular Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Florida Medical Association
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Manatee County Medical Society
- Sarasota County Medical Society
- ObestiyHelp Advisory Panel
- Clinical Associate Professor, Lake Erie Osteopathic School of Medicine
- Interplast – Cleft lip & palate missions to Honduras
- University of Florida Anatomy Instructor