AviClear uses the power of laser light to selectively target and suppress sebaceous glands, providing many benefits for patients who want to achieve better, healthier skin without taking medication or applying harsh chemicals. Some of its benefits include the following:
- Current and future breakout episodes are shorter, less intense, and more infrequent
- Acne clearance results continually improve and are long-lasting
- Fast treatment time (30 minutes)
- No downtime
- Minimal discomfort
- Clearer, more radiant skin
- A smoother, more healthy skin tone
- FDA-approved for all skin types
What should I expect during the AviClear procedure?
During your appointment for Aviclear in Tampa & Sarasota, one of our experienced providers will cleanse your skin before applying the laser directly to the acne-affected areas. You may feel a slight warming sensation as the laser works to target the oil glands. No numbing is necessary because the laser is equipped with proprietary skin-cooling technology to minimize discomfort.
We recommend three treatments spaced approximately one month apart for best results, as optimal results are usually seen after completing the whole series.
Keep the following in mind:
- Mild symptoms such as inflammation and redness may occur but fade over just a few minutes
- Your acne may flare for a few days after treatment
- You may continue to use any prescription acne medications simultaneously
- Although results are not guaranteed, 90% of patients reported being happy with the results in clinical studies
After treatment, expect fewer acne breakouts paired with an improvement in the overall appearance of their skin. You generally start seeing results a few weeks after the third treatment, after which you should notice a substantial improvement in the quality of your skin for up to two years later.
Maintaining your skin care regimen is essential for the results to work. AviClear is an excellent option for those who struggle with acne, do not want to take oral medications, or have failed traditional acne treatments.
Am I a good candidate for AviClear?
Most people experiencing acne, breakouts, and scarring are good candidates for AviClear. Because this effective treatment is safe and non-invasive, it’s a favorable option for people with darker skin tones. Additionally, AviClear significantly improves cases of cystic acne, which may be challenging to resolve with other treatments.