Belotero is an injectable filler treatment for fine lines and wrinkles that are typically hard to treat. If other dermal fillers have not addressed superficial wrinkles for you, Belotero treatments may be the solution. After treatment, patients have noticeable improvement in the appearance of fine lines, including laugh lines, smoker’s lines, marionette lines, crow’s feet, marionette lines and more.
This cosmetic filler was FDA-approved in 2012 to improve facial contours and rehydrate skin. It is made by the same company that makes Radiesse and it is made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring compound in the body the declines with age.
Belotero is unique because it can treat fine lines and superficial wrinkles, unlike many other fillers on the market. It is approved to treat smile lines, although it is effective against many signs of aging.
It works by integrating with your own collagen, and its unique formulation allows it to address horizontal lines of the neck and even very fine lines in sensitive areas like the mouth and near the eyes.
It may also be used as a more superficial filler in combination with deeper dermal injections like Radiesse. Belotero integrates very well with your natural tissue and will not result in a bluish hue, or Tyndall Effect, that may result with other fillers, even when injected under the eyes where skin is thinner.
What Can Belotero Treat?
Belotero treatments can be used to treat a wide variety of fine lines and wrinkles, or to improve facial volume. The following are common uses of this injectable wrinkle filler.
- Crow’s feet of the eyes
- Laugh lines, or nasolabial folds, that run from the corners of the nose and the mouth
- Smoker’s lines, or fine lines caused by puckering the lips
- Restore fullness to the cheeks, alone or in conjunction with another filler
- Irregularities and bumps on the bridge of the nose
- Marionette lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the jawline
- Lip vermillion, to treat the lipstick bleed appearance as the borders of the lips
- Lip filler to restore youthful volume to the lips
Are You a Candidate?
Men and women who are concerned about volume loss and want to treat moderate to severe wrinkles with subtle yet noticeable results may be a good candidate. The ideal candidate will have realistic expectations about the results of the procedure.