Now available at Holcomb Kreithen Plastic Surgery & MedSpa in Sarasota & Tampa!
Dr’s Holcomb and Kreithen are excited to offer their patients a more permanent solution to address facial contouring.
Bellafill® is an injectable filler that’s FDA approved to treat nasolabial folds. These folds, sometimes called “smile lines,” extend from the nose to the corners of the mouth. Bellafill® provides instant smoothness, with long-lasting results: In the longest and largest study ever conducted on dermal fillers, Bellafill® was proven to be effective through five years. That means that you can enjoy your results for much longer than you would with hyaluronic acid-based fillers.
Bellafill® has 2 main components:
- Smooth collagen gel (80%) forms the base of Bellafill, creating smooth, supple volume beneath the surface of the nasolabial folds.
- Polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) microspheres (20%) are suspended within the collagen gel. These form a sturdy scaffold where your own natural collagen grows.
Thanks to its 2 innovative components, Bellafill® creates instant results that you can enjoy as soon as you leave the office. As the original collagen gel fades away, your body naturally replaces it with your own collagen around the microspheres, for unparalleled long-term smoothness.
The beautiful benefits of Bellafill
- Immediate correction and lasting improvement with visible benefits through 5 years for wrinkles known as smile lines.
- Satisfied Patients. In a consumer survey, 91% of patients were likely to recommend Bellafill. 2 In a 5 Year Post Approval Study, 83% of patients were satisfied to very satisfied with their nasolabial fold correction at the end of 5 years.
- PMMA helps replace lost collagen by working with your body’s natural processes.
- Injection comfort with lidocaine.
- Can be used for distensible acne scars.
- Simple, in-office treatment with little to no downtime. You can immediately resume normal activities.
Candidacy & Safety
The best Bellafill® candidates are women or men, 21 and older, who are bothered by the look of their nasolabial folds and wish to avoid the regular touch-up treatments associated with other fillers.
Bellafill® is FDA approved, and both its collagen gel and its PMMA microspheres have established records of safety. PMMA is an acrylic material that’s widely used in medicine.
Bellafill® is safe for skin of all types and colors. However, an allergy test is required prior to treatment to make sure prospective patients aren’t sensitive to the product.
What is Bellafill® and how does it work?
Bellafill® is a smooth, collagen gel-based dermal filler that contains tiny PMMA microspheres. The collagen gel in Bellafill® provides immediate volume and lift to correct lines and wrinkles, smoothing them away for instant results. Even as the collagen is absorbed by your body, the PMMA microspheres remain in place, creating a “scaffold” that triggers and supports your own natural collagen production. Because your own collagen replaces the collagen gel from the initial injections, results last seamlessly through five years.
Is Bellafill® safe?
Yes. Bellafill® is FDA approved and has been proven safe and effective in rigorous clinical studies. Bellafill® performed very well in the largest and longest safety study ever conducted on dermal fillers. At the study’s completion, 83% of patients were still satisfied with their results 5 years after treatment.
As with many injectable fillers, you may experience bruising, itching, pain, swelling, redness, discoloration, lumpiness, bumps, acne, or increased sensitivity at the treatment site. These side effects usually resolve themselves quickly.
What results can I expect with Bellafill®? How long does it take to see them?
Bellafill® creates a lasting improvement in your skin by smoothing out the lines around the nasolabial folds. There’s no required downtime after your treatment with Bellafill®. You can return to your normal routine immediately.