Facelift Recovery — Sarasota Rhytidectomy
As you may already know, a mini facelift recovery period lasts about one to two weeks. During this time, experienced plastic surgeon J. David Holcomb, M.D. will be sure to check on your status. The healing portion of the process is critical to the overall success of the surgery, which is why it’s important to follow all of the post-operative instructions given to you.
As a reminder, following are some key tips to keep in mind during the facelift recovery period:
- Leave your bandages alone until you are instructed to change or remove them.
- Remember to keep your head elevated in order to reduce swelling and promote faster healing. Use extra pillows or a bed wedge as necessary.
- Watch for excessive redness in the facial and suture area, which could indicate an infection that requires immediate treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and other vigorous activities, particulary movements that can cause a rush of blood to your face.
- Avoid rubbing your skin, even if it feels very itchy. Touching or rubbing excessively can slow down the healing process.
- Eat foods that are easy to chew, since prolonged or excessive chewing can cause extra facial swelling.
It’s also important to refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol while healing. Smoking will lessen blood circulation and slow down your recovery.
For more information about facelift recovery, contact our Sarasota office today to schedule a consultation.